Cooking is so much more fun when you can find creative ways to use everything you are blessed with! I try to use everything I can and fortunately as a dog owner, I make my own dog food and can use almost everything. Here is the no waste crock pot shredded chicken that I made today.
- - whole farm raised chicken
- - 1 onion
- - 2 cloves garlic
- - dry seasoning ( I used oregano, cilantro, salt & pepper)
- - put half the onion chopped and one garlic in the bottom of the crock pot
- - place cleaned/rinsed chicken in and place the other half of the onion and garlic inside the chicken cavity (ooohh I don’t like that word)
- - peel the skin on the breast back gently, sprinkle on dry seasonings and replace skin for cooking
- - cook for 8 hours on low
Once your chicken is done cooking, remove from crock pot, allow to cool slightly and carefully shred to remove bones and separate dog friendly scraps. Pour stock into two freezer bags. Label and freeze for stocks, soups, gravy etc.